Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crazy last minute trip aka: Thanksgiving part one

Well as some of you noticed, Justin and I didn't end up spending Thanksgiving alone like we thought we would. Wednesday afternoon I was feeling lonely and sad that we wouldn't be able to be with my family this year. Alot of family on my mom's side were getting together at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Grass Valley CA. Some of them I haven't seen in years and I was jealous not to be with them. I also wanted to go shopping with my mom and Aunt and Grandma on Black Friday. It is sort of a tradition that we have. So long story short on Wed around 3:00pm we decided to make the 10 hour drive, at 6pm we left and at 4am we arrived in CA!! It was a lot of fun and so good to see everyone. And the food was awesome. It just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving if there aren't 30 people around. My Aunt and Uncle were so nice and let us use their room to fit our whole family. I even got to see my cousins Josh, Nichole and Toni, who I only see every few years. And yes after a little drama, I did go shopping with my mom and aunt. We didn't make it to Target until the afternoon, but we still found some pretty good deals. The girls did great and Noah was spoiled and held the entire time. I hope we can get together more often! Here are some pictures.
This is Taylor and my cousin Toni's little girl Delany.





2 comments:

tonzfam said...

Hey, thanks for your comments on my blog! I have a hard time keeping up with it with no internet at home. I'm glad Noah is doing better and that you were able to be with your family on Thanksgiving. It is so important to be with family! Later! Trillis

Jackson said...

It was great seeing you and your family. Your kids are too cute! Hopefully we will be able to make it to the next family gathering!