Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve Cookies

We decided that we would make cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve. The girls love to help me bake. We found a good recipe for sugar cookies and went for it. They each took turns adding ingredients and then I did all the mixing. Then we rolled out the dough and the girls picked their favorite cookie cutter shapes. They actually did really well. Joslyn didn't understand why she couldn't eat the cookies after she cut them out. I tried to tell her we had to bake them first, but that didn't go over too well. After they were cooled, we added some icing and sprinkles. The girls had so much fun decorating. Justin liked it too. The only not so good thing was that the flour we used was a little old, so the cookies didn't taste that great. We are trying to rotate our food storage and I think we waited a little too long to use the flour. Anyway, they looked great, we had a good time, and I am sure Santa enjoyed them!




No comments: