"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly." Thomas S. Monson
Monday, April 11, 2011
Animal Farm
We are so anxious for spring to arrive! A couple of weeks ago, the weather man said it was going to be around 70 degrees, I didn't want to miss the chance to get out in that weather! Especially since the next day it snowed! Anyway I decided it would be fun to go to the little farm at Thanksgiving point. We went there once before, but it had been a few years. We arranged to meet my mom and grandma there too. I am so glad we did it because it was so much fun!! It was a beautiful day and the kids were so excited to get out of the house. I even took Taylor out of school for it (don't tell Ginny.) We got to see lots of cute and some not so cute animals. The kids also were able to have a pony ride, a wagon ride (which I thought was a little scary), and the chance to feed the animals. I was so excited because it was the first time I felt like I had all 5 kids under control myself. My mom and grandma didn't arrive for a while and I was there all by myself. I know, a mother should be able to handle all of her kids by herself, but it doesn't always happen for us. So it was an accomplishment for me! We made a lot of fun memories, and I am so glad we took advantage of the one day of warm weather. Oh something else funny, at first Noah did not want to ride a pony, so the girls went without him. Then he was upset about it so we let him try again. We tried to put him on the smallest pony, but he wouldn't have it. He walked around and examined all of them until he found the pony he wanted to ride. He pointed to it and said, "this one!" It was so cute, and he wasn't scared at all.














Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment