Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Taylor's first hair cut, finally!

yes, most people post their baby's first haircut before they are one, but not us! Taylor is almost five and she just got her first hair cut on Saturday. And not even because it was too long, it was just dry on the ends. She was so excited and talked about it for weeks before it actually happened. I ended up taking her to the primrose retreat, a day spa here in Spanish Fork. I want to get her started early in the whole day spa experience so I have someone to go with. When we got there she got her hair washed and then cut, it only took about 5 minutes because she didn't have much to do. The nice lady put one of Taylor's curls in a little keepsake box so we could remember it. Then Taylor got a cupcake from the restaurant they have in the spa. We also took a few minutes to look around the little boutique they have for girls. It was fun to spend time with Taylor and do girlie stuff. The next day Taylor asked me to straighten her hair with the blow dryer, she loved the way it looked and has asked me to do it again, everyday. I told her that her curls where beautiful too, and that I was not going to do her hair everyday. I am sure she will get pretty good at doing it herself someday. I still remember getting up an hour early for school just to straighten my hair! Oh well, that is the price you pay with curly hair! Doesn't Taylor look so cute!!!



No comments: