Thursday, May 22, 2008

The rest of our crazy weekend, and week!




Justin and I got a great surprise Friday night when we found out that Justin's mom was going to make a quick visit. She had some travel delays on her way home from the East coast and she was able to stay with us for the weekend. We were all so excited to see her. The girls never get one on one time with her so I was really happy. Anyway, we were having a grand time when on Saturday night, Ellie, being the crazy child that she is, got into grandma's stuff. First she just got into her lipstick and we all laughed and I felt really bad that she ruined it. Then a little later, we noticed that Ellie was very quiet and that is a very bad sign. Justin found her again in grandma's things, snacking on her medicine, saying "Grandma's candy is yucky!" I didn't freak out too much because it was just a vitamin and I am sure it tasted so bad that she didn't get too much of it. Then we discovered that another one of Ellen's pills was missing, this one a little more concerning. Anyway, I called poison control and they told me I should take her to the ER, which I did. Ellen was pretty sure she had taken the last of her pills, but I wanted to be sure. We waited in the ER for a few hours because they wanted to monitor Ellie. Try keeping her laying in a hospital bed without any TV!! They checked her out and she was fine, but I'll tell you, she gave me a scare. I knew she would be the first child to go to the ER. Anyway, it was an experience and I don't want to ever go again. The rest of our week has been really fun. It was warm, the girls even ran through the sprinklers on Monday. I have been trying to keep busy so that Friday would come. I am so excited for the ultrasound tomorrow. I get pretty anxious waiting to hear if the baby is okay. I am also pretty sure it is a girl, but that is just fine with me. Well, enough from me, I will include some pics of Jos and her sunglasses, she loves them so much and will keep them on for hours. I have the cutest kids!! I'll update tomorrow!

No comments: