We are so proud of our Ellie Sheree for choosing to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She wanted to follow Jesus' example and we are so happy for her! Ellie brings so much to our family and she has really grown up lately. She was so excited to be baptized, and to prepare we had lots of family night lessons on baptism. Ellie studied hard and learned so much. The bishop said she knew all the answers and that she was ready! I know as parents we do all that we can to teach our children about the Savior. We read our scriptures every night and have weekly lessons, but I am so grateful for all the wonderful people who teach my children on Sunday. Some people think that going to church on Sunday for three hours is crazy! I think it such a blessing. I was able to substitute teach Joslyn's primary class last Sunday and it was so much fun. I should explain. The first hour of church we all sit together as families and listen to prepared talks from other members and our leaders. The second hour the kids meet together to sing and learn and share messages that they have prepared and then the third hour they have another lesson with other children their age. So when I was sitting with Joslyn's class the second hour and we were singing and listening to the talks, my heart was so full. I was in tears the whole time as I thought about how lucky my children are to be taught by such wonderful people and that they are learning about Jesus Christ. They learn how to be kind, how to share, how to be a friend, how to be honest, how to be obedient, how to love, how to forgive, and so much more. What a different world we would live in if we all tried our best to be like Christ. I know we aren't perfect, my children aren't perfect, I am not a perfect parent, but I hope my kids know how much I love this gospel and how much I love them! I don't care if its not the "cool thing" or the politically correct thing, its how I feel in my heart and how I get through my day. I am so blessed to be Ellie's mom! She is such a great example to our family! And she just happens to be beautiful as well, Congrats!
No comments:
Post a Comment