One of the reasons we love our house is our basement, it has tons of room to expand for our always expanding family. This last month Justin, and my brother Matt finished up a bedroom down there. A couple of months ago I asked Justin to finish a room to make into a playroom for the kids. Matt heard we were doing this and asked if he could move in instead. We are happy to have him, so with his help, we got the room done pretty quickly. When I say we, I mean Justin and Matt spending every spare minute they had for a month. Next we want to finish a bathroom down there for him, but I told Matt that I needed Justin back for a while. I am kind of wimpy, but taking care of 4 young kids while you are pregnant is hard work for me. Here are some pictures of the almost finished project. Matt keeps his door locked so I can't take any pics of what it looks like now:)
This is actually a picture of the inside of our playhouse from the secret door in the bedroom. Since the room was planned for a playroom Justin put a secret door in the closet that leads right into the playhouse. We finally finished painting and had carpet put in when we finished the bedroom. The kids are loving it!

This is the built in Justin put in and the secret door in the closet, which isn't so secret since the doors aren't put on yet. Matt has since blocked it so the kids can't get into his room.

Matt slept on this until we got his bed moved in, he is a trooper.

Matt working hard, or hardly working, I don't know which!
1 comment:
Hey, awesome rooms! And by the way, I'm not pregnant...yet! We will start trying once Sophie is a year and I've stopped nursing. Hope your pregnancy is going good!
Post a Comment