"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly." Thomas S. Monson
Monday, August 10, 2009
We are home
Well, most of you know, Justin and I took a much needed vacation this last week. We really didn't have a honeymoon, so this is the first real trip we have taken. My parents happily took all four of our children and I am so grateful to them. I have a hard time leaving the kids, and hardly ever do, but I am so glad we did it this time. We really needed it. We flew out Tuesday and arrived in the afternoon, we rested and ate and then walked around the strip for a bit. We stayed at the MGM grand which is right on the strip, so we had access to just about everything Las Vegas has to offer. Our hotel also had 6 acres of pools and a lazy river. We spent the morning on Wed. swimming and relaxing. I haven't done that in so long. I love naps by the pool. We ate some more, we actually ate a lot on this trip, thank goodness for all the walking. Then we went to the tournament of Kings show at the Excalibur, we hadn't ever seen it before. It was fun and the food was pretty good. We then walked down to the Belagio and watched the fountain show. We also checked out a few of the newer casinos that we had never seen before. We tried to sleep in each morning, but old habits die hard and we were only able to sleep until about 8:30. Oh well. Thursday we went to the Titanic exhibit at the Luxor, which was so interesting. I love history stuff like that and I really enjoyed it. We had our picture taken on the grand staircase, and I am trying to scan it so I can post it, we will see. We walked to the forum shops at Cesar's next and went shopping. And had the world famous frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity's. So YUMMY!! Then we met up with Tamra and Ken and went to the temple for a few hours. It was so nice to escape the craziness of Vegas for a while. We came back, had dinner and hung out in the hotel room. It was really nice to see them. Friday we went swimming again, ate again, and shopped again. By then we were anxious to get home to the kids, at least I was. Anyway I know you probably don't care about all the stuff we did, but I wanted to remember it. The best part was spending time with Justin and not having a schedule and just worrying about ourselves, I know it sounds selfish, but we really needed a break. Justin and I didn't even argue once! We were having too much fun. We don't usually argue, but I didn't know how we would handle spending so much time together. Turns out we are crazy about each other, so it works! I am happy to be home with the kids and trying to get back into things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment