Here are pictures from three more places we visited on our vacation. We didn't do this all in one day, but I am trying to condense all the pictures! All of these places have really awesome museums, but you can't take any pictures in them. I learned so much history that by the end, I wasn't able to retain all of the information I was told, so sorry if I write something that isn't really true. I can't believe we did so much, it makes me tired just looking at these pictures.
 |
| Inside a pocohantas hut. Thats not the real name of the tribe, but I don't remember what it was. This was where Pocohantas would have lived though. Did you know she didn't really marry John Smith, he was much older than her and they were never romanitically involved. Her husbands name was John Rolfe. She did go with him back to England, where she died before she could return to Jamestown. She only lived to be 23 or so. |
 |
| Justin was picked to be the preacher in a re-enactment of a chuch service in Jamestown. I think he did a geat job. |
 |
| This is one of the three ships that came to Virgina and carried the people that stayed and colonized in Jamestown. Obviously these aren't the real ships, but exact replicas. |
 |
| I wasn't feeling too well that day so I just watched Justin explore the ship. He said it was actually a lot nicer than he thought it would be. |
 |
| The ghost of the Berkley Plantation. |
 |
| This is a site of the first thanksgiving, they claim it happend here in Virgina. This is the James River, all of the plantations are along it. It was so pretty and peaceful there. |
 |
| Justin in front of the side of the house. The circle plaque gives the date is was build. 1762, I think? I can't remember the exact year, but it was REALLY old. This was one of my favorite places because everything was original, not a remake. You wouldn't believe the history that has happend here. I also asked the guide about ghosts that might be at the house. She told me all kinds of things that had happend to her there. She has woked there for more than 30 years and had lots of experiences to share. |
 |
| I think I look good in front of this home. I think that means I should live in a house like this. |
 |
| This one speaks for itself. |
 |
| Did you know that you can keep meat like this for years and years. Justin was pretty hungry, but I don't think he actually took a bite. |
 |
| I got a little silly and bored...... |
 |
| They shoot a cannon off at the camp in Yorktown, it was loud. |
No comments:
Post a Comment